March 03, 2007

New TAB Post: Taking Mail’s Junk Filter for Granted

For the longest time, I couldn't figure out why my work e-mail got an unfair share of spam on nights and weekends. The amount of spam compared to real messages has always been high, but I had just figured it was because my colleagues, like me, chose to keep home and work separate, and I'd just noticed the disparity.

Yet, this week, I figured out another reason. While at the office, the Junk Mail feature in Apple's Mail program was automatically clearing out the spam, and I was taking it for granted, not giving it the credit it deserved. So, yesterday, I finally recognized all of its work behind the scenes.

That's the idea behind my most recent contribution to The Apple Blog, titled Taking Mail’s Junk Filter for Granted. Per agreement with them, I will not be cross-posting the piece, but instead, have provided a link. Enjoy.