May 10, 2007

Pictures from Colorado Trip

As mentioned earlier in the week, my wife Kristine and I took a rare three-day weekend to visit Denver, Colorado, where I lived from ages 6 to 8, and attended both 1st and 2nd grade. While there, I had the amazing opportunity to visit the home where I had lived in 1983-85, and return to my elementary school where I had gone to 1st grade, sometimes walking in the snow on my way. We also drove up to Boulder to see the University of Colorado campus and the surrounding area.

Below are some of the photos from the trip. They are presented in thumbnail images. Click any of the photos to enlarge to full size.


Colorado features some beautiful wildflowers.
Here are some from the Denver LDS temple.


Pictures of our humble Littleton home,
20 years after we had left it behind.


A couple pictures of me at the home and school,
just to prove I was actually there.


In Boulder, there was great scenery,
but it was chilly, hence the jacket.


I'm not a huge fan of photos and don't usually plaster them all over the blog, but I wanted to share what we had. Now, all I have to do is go back in my files and find pictures of when I was at the same home as a kid for a true before and after.