November 17, 2006

Post-Tampa, My Schedule Is All Out of Whack

Flying coast to coast always guarantees some level of discontinuity, as the three time zone change never seems to sink in until just as I'm forced to return, meaning my body's slow adjustments don't do me well. When you combine that with a schedule that had me up until 2 a.m. Eastern Time, and a 7 a.m. flight that had me out of bed at 4:30 Eastern, you can see how I'm just a little frazzled right now. Home, but not exactly settled.

Earlier, I wrote that I signed up for two 7 a.m. flights from Delta, in an attempt to save the company money. That was expected, and while I wasn't excited about forcing myself awake at 4:30 to make the cab ride to make the flight, it seemed like something I could pull off. Yet, on Tuesday, I received an e-mail from the editor of Sactown Royalty, the SportsBlog Nation Kings blog, that he was headed out on vacation, and I would need to run the site in his absence. Though eager to help, it set me up for a pair of late nights. Last night's game, nationally televised, started at 10:30 eastern, and wrapped up after 1 a.m. 

See:
Sactown Royalty: Run 'N' Gun At the Oracle Ends Kings Streak
Sactown Royalty: Game #8: at Golden State

So, on 2+ hours of sleep, we stumbled to our flights, first from Tampa to Atlanta, and then from Atlanta to San Jose, where we rolled our watch back three hours, went to Long Term Parking, and drove home. I'd love to say two hours of sleep is good enough for anybody, but it's not. Next time, we won't be scheduling flights that early. I'm frazzled, somewhat out of it. Good thing I still remember how to type.