December 21, 2007

AssetBar Early Access Delayed, Invites To Come Soon

Response to Saturday's note on AssetBar's imminent debut was a lot of fun to see, as the story stirred up quite a bit of interest this week. The post hit StumbleUpon, gaining hundreds of visitors, and, garnered links from a number of sources, including Library Stuff and Harsite.com.

Meanwhile, my e-mail inbox has been inundated with dozens of new account requests.


A screenshot of Assetbar in action

There is clearly demand for change in the RSS feed reading and consumption space, and I believe think AssetBar has seized upon an incredible opportunity to combine what's traditionally been a passive event with social activity. But while I expected to hand out new invite information to the several dozen people who have sent me e-mail, I'm waiting to hear back from the company's developers, who are still working to move the service to a more robust setup in anticipation of wider use. (See: Pre-Launch delayed: Bugs to Blame)

So don't panic if you haven't yet gotten an invite. I have all the requests flagged in my e-mail in box, and will get them to you as quickly as I can. And the wait... will be worth it. If you didn't yet request an invite, please send me an e-mail, and I'll alert you as quickly as possible.