May 12, 2006

It's All About the Ballparks

The world knows I'm an A's fan, first and foremost, but I'm a huge baseball nut, and so I view the major league ballparks around the country (and Toronto) in the same way that history devotees view landmarks and ancient finds. So, with my travel picking up over the last few years, I've made it a point to try and find time to see the major league baseball parks around the country wherever I land for business.

After seeing any number of games at the Oakland Coliseum, and a smaller number at the Giants' stadiums, Candlestick/3Com Park, and PacBell/SBC/AT&T Park, the tour kicked off last year, when we saw games at Bank One Ballpark in Phoenix, Arizona, Camden Yards in Baltimore, Maryland, and the two most historic parks, Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts, and Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois.

Others were way too close to my grasp and evaded me - Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium in New York, as well as Safeco Field in Seattle. In those cases, either it was during the baseball off-season, or the hectic show schedule wouldn't make time. But they're definitely on the radar for my next opportunities.

This upcoming first week of June, we're headed back down to Los Angeles, and lucky for us, it looks like the Dodgers are taking on the Mets, so we're already scrambling for tickets. While we're definitely working on making sure the event is a profitable success, looking forward to singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" in a new crowd in a new city is very exciting. Maybe some day we'll hit them all.

Listening to ''Energize'', by Nick Lunn (Play Count: 2)